A 72 hour kit is just that, it is a kit that will sustain you and your family for 72 hours if needed. I will list things that you should have in your kit. Keep in mind that when something is listed, you must consider your family size and adjust it accordingly.
- Water 2gal per person (pretty obvious I know)
- Food-Things such as prepared soups, pork and beans canned fruit or even MRE's (don't forget a can opener)
- First-Aid Kit
- Your normal medications (do not put them in the kit, Just keep them in one place that you can get you easily)
- 2) Shirts, 1) Pair of sweats, 3) Undergarments, 3) Socks, 1) Towel, 1) Washcloth, and 1) Jacket per person
- Light-Flash lights, candles or oil lamps (extra batteries, Lighters and oil)
- Hygiene Products-Toothbrush. feminine hygiene products, combs, brushes, deodorant, bar soap and travel size shampoo. (diapers and wipes if necessary)
- Games ( card games work the best, they take up less room)
I would highly suggest that EACH person have their own kit containing their things that can be easily carried. Back packs are great for kids to use. Store each pack under the child's bed or in the bottom of the closet for easy access.
I would welcome any and all comments or suggestions, we can all learn from each other!