Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Urban Area Bug Out Tips

We all know there are millions of people that live in urban areas in the country and around the world for that matter. If and when something happens, whether that is another attack, natural disaster or a financial collapse, what are you and your family going to do? I will highlight some tips or questions to help keep your family safe should you decide to bug out and get somewhere else other than your Urban or Suburban home.

Decisions:
Is it safe to move around? If it is safe do you have a preplanned area you are going? Know the risks is the route safe to travel? Remember the more urban the area the more it could be broken down and the people desperate. All people have an instinct to help others, but would you help someone if it endangered your family?

Be Prepared:
Having your Survival bags ready or your 72 hour kits in a place where they are easily accessible is a good start. Should the need arise, you should be able to carry your bag on your back, such as a backpack or a long handled duffel. I would also advise for those that do not know how to use any item in your kit to get familiar with it.

Your Location and Travel
As most of us prepare for anything can be headed our way, we all should have our meeting place planned out. I know that my family has a place in the woods picked out that is complete with a cave on a hill. Over looking a water source. You should also try to map out the best routes to take with back ups if needed. Depending on where you are heading, infrastructure that could be down and so on. How will you be getting there? Will there be gates locked along your way? I would suggest keeping a pair of bolt cutters in your car along with other common tools. Most people sleep at night even in bad situations, your best time to travel is at night especially on foot. Be careful to travel quietly, stick to the shadows as much as possible.




I am a firm believer in taking care of your own, I could offend someone by saying this, If I do I am sorry in advance, but when it comes to a survival situation my family and I will come first. If we have extra I will be more than willing to share. Each family should be prepared on their own. We all know that there are people who are so dependent on things in their everyday lives they just will not make it. I have pitty for those but, at the same time I must protect my own.


Anything that i write is not meant to scare people it is meant to keep people safe in a time where they have no knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment